Pages

Monday, 5 June 2017

Another Week Gone - Week 59




Hi everyone!


So another week gone. It was a good one. On Friday, we had a Family Home Evening at a member’s house. Their son had a birthday. He just turned 22 and is preparing for a mission. We were in charge of the lesson and games. So I did the lesson and my companion did the games. I really felt the spirit as I taught and I was able to speak smoothly and all went well. I was nervous before because it wasn't just their family... but all went well.  I met an RM (returned missionary) there who recently got home from his mission. He served in the Brisbane mission! It was awesome. We both talked about the things we miss from Australia.


On Saturday we had our shift at the MTC (missionary training centre). We were all stationed at different parts. I really enjoyed it! The new parts of the MTC are SO nice! We were all like, let's go back to the MTC haha. It was good to be a part of it. I think we have 2 more shifts this week. It's about 4 or 5 hours each shift. I also think we have MTC exchanges this week with the missionaries in the MTC. I've never done it before (except when I was in the MTC) so I am excited!

So, Brother Max... update: He didn't come to church because one of his children was in hospital. But we did have a great lesson with him this week. He is so ready for baptism! But he hasn't been accepting the bap date. He understands the lessons and he believes what we are teaching him.  This week we taught him lesson 2 and in the part about our life on earth we focused on the gospel of Jesus Christ. We talked about the things we have to do here in this life to make it back to our Heavenly Father.  Which we know is faith, repentance, baptism, receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost and then enduring to the end. We talked about that. That's when he started to open up. He said there is something he is struggling with. He told us it was repentance. He didn't tell us everything but we discerned that there is something that he is struggling to forgive himself of. He said he hasn't repented fully. We think he is not exactly sure how to. So that is what we are going to help him with this week. I think our Ward Mission Leader is going to work with us later tonight and we are going to go and teach him and focus on the Atonement. Max is so awesome! 

We also have this other investigator who has a background with drugs and other things... but we can see how much he wants to change. We started teaching lesson 1 but we ended up just focusing on how he can overcome the problems he is having especially with alcohol and drugs. He is the nicest guy though! I love when you see people that have backgrounds like this and they are so willing to change. It is amazing. He is going to need a lot of help but we know he can do it! The Gospel can change anyone! He has now been to church 2x.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JACOB FOR WEDNESDAY! YOU ARE SO OLD NOW! 20?! AS IF!!! I hope you have an awesome day! Don't worry I will remember you on Wednesday! Enjoy your day!


Love you all!

Hope you are all doing well!


Sister Hann



Pictures:

My Nanay and my Brother haha he is from California
Playing basketball, the other week
and again
and again
Me and one of my house mates
When I was sick haha the Elders bought me bananas and we slept downstairs




My Nanay and my Brother haha he is from California

Playing basketball, the other week

And again

And again

Me and one of my house mates

When I was sick haha the Elders bought me bananas and we slept downstairs













No comments:

Post a Comment