Pages

Tuesday, 2 May 2017

Miracle Week 54



Hey everyone! Another week has past. I am emailing today because it is transfer week but I am not transferring and my companion isn't either so all is well :) I will have a son though!! Hahaha. Our district leader will be training and because I am the oldest Sister in the mission in our district I will be his mother hahahaha. The family tree is interesting in the mission. 

So, the main thing I want to tell you about this week is the miracle I witnessed. On Friday, we went to the hospital here and we gave little hats to the newborn babies. We do that every second Friday. Sometimes there are mothers who have lost their baby. It's hard but we always give them a teddy bear. It won't replace their child of course, but we hope that they will feel our love and the Lord's love for them.  This time there was this one lady who had lost her baby. I didn't see her at first but I turned my head and I saw one of the Sisters talking to her and I thought I saw her wipe her eyes. I thought she was just touched that we had given something to her for her baby. Then as I came close to her one of the couple missionaries went and hugged her and she started crying. That's when I realised she had lost her baby. When the Sister left, I was standing close to this ladies bed. There were so many things that I wanted to say but we are not allowed to proselyte there. Like we can't just start teaching them or give them pamphlets and stuff. I so badly wanted to give her a lesson 2 pamphlet about the Plan of Salvation but I wasn't allowed! I was like ah flip what do I do. I was torn. I was like oh c’mon I have to say something but then again, I didn't know what was going too far or saying too much. In the end as we were about to go I just went and shook her hand. I said, "Sister your baby is an angel now, she is with Heavenly Father" She teared up and she said thank you. As I walked away I was almost tearing up because I just wanted to say more or at least give her something to read!

Anyway, we were supposed to do weekly planning that morning after service but we had accidentally swapped area books with the District leader and his companion. I don't even know how it happened. So, we planned to meet at Aurora Chapel at 4:30pm and then we would plan in the evening. We got there at 4:30pm and they weren't there. We waited at Aurora Chapel for an hour. It's a long story why they were late but they were late. So, we finally got our area book and we went home. As we were on the jeepney travelling home I turned my head slightly and I saw the lady we had just seen earlier that morning in the hospital! I can't even tell you how shocked I was!! I was like what theeeee!!! It was a miracle! There was so much more I had wanted to say that morning to her and I finally had the chance. We gave her an L2 pamphlet and we got her address. She is not in our area, she is in the area of the Zone Leaders but I was so amazed. I couldn't believe it. Heavenly Father works in mysterious ways. There was a reason why our area books got switched and why the Elders were so late coming to Aurora Chapel! I don't know what will happen with her, but it was a miracle for sure! 

Anyway, that is all I have time for this week! I will talk to you all next week :)
Love you all!!


Pictures:

Earlier this morning (some of our zone)

We had service this week at a members house (we were helping them finish building their house.. it's so small

We had service this week at a members house (we were helping them finish building their house.. it's so small

These are all the missionaries that had celestial p-day at the mission home last Monday

We did service at the hospital.. we gave mini hats to the new born babies

Our wacky face (that's the name for it here)




Earlier this morning (some of our zone)


We had service this week at a members house (we were helping them finish building their house.. it's so small


We had service this week at a members house (we were helping them finish building their house.. it's so small


These are all the missionaries that had celestial p-day at the mission home last Monday


We did service at the hospital.. we gave mini hats to the new born babies

Our wacky face (that's the name for it here)












No comments:

Post a Comment