Pages

Wednesday, 31 May 2017

Hey! Week 58


Hello everyone

So, this week I am emailing on Wednesday because on Monday we had some training. The MTC has expanded and they will have an open house that starts this Friday and goes throughout next week. As missionaries, they have asked us to be the hosts and to do tours through the new part of the MTC. So, on Monday morning we had training so that we knew what we had to do. Then yesterday we had zone conference so that's why today is our P-Day.

So, last week I got sick for 3 days. It was so hard. BUT I am okay now so there is no need to worry. It is hard when you can't work. You feel like you are a burden to the work. But that's over so I don't want to dwell on it haha. But I was able to receive a blessing from my District Leader and Zone leader (they were on exchanges). My zone leader said something in the blessing that comforted me as I was sick. He talked about how the Saviour understands exactly how I feel and He will help me. That really helped me when I was feeling really bad. I am so grateful for the Saviour who has been my constant companion while I have been on my mission. He has helped me when no one else could.

So, I was sick from Wednesday to Friday. On Saturday, we went out to work. Then on Sunday we had church. We have this one investigator that has come to church 3 weeks in a row now. His name is Brother Max. He is 69 years old and he is so kind! Every week he waits for us outside the gate. He is so shy! Anyway, on Sunday we got there before him and as he came around the corner he looked through the gate and he saw us. Then his eyes went wide, he smiled and he started running! (well jogging). It was the cutest thing! When I was sick my companion texted some of our investigators to just say sorry for not visiting. He text and asked if I was okay. Then a few days later he text asking me if I was okay now. He is the best! Before that we had given him a Book of Mormon and then we went back to talk to him about it.. He had read the introduction and had questions about it. He is so good! He wants to know more he told us like 3 times through the lesson that he is interested. Ahh.. we love him!

That Sunday night there was a fireside in Pasig. We are part of the choir and so we went to sing. The first song we sung was kind of like a medley. It was The Lord is My Light and Lead Kindly Light. Then there was a speaker. As she started speaking the power went off! It had happened before the meeting started as well. As the lights were off we were all just sitting there. Then we heard some of the Elders start singing.. "The Lord is My Light" then we all started singing it. It was the perfect situation because the lights were off and we were singing about how the Lord is our light :) I loved the part as well when we sung "The Lord is my light, so why should I fear?" It was such an amazing experience and we really felt the Spirit as we sung in the dark! An experience I will never forget! We also sung Lead Kindly light and Teach Me to Walk in the Light. And then the lights came back on! Awesome experience!

Yesterday we had zone conference. That was awesome as well :) We talked a lot about the goals that we are setting in the mission. We talked about how there has been a culture change in the mission. We all have more faith and we are all united. I feel the unity in our mission. President Koster is big on unity. Our mission is doing better, we are improving and we are seeing more miracles! There is a quote I love by President Gordon B. Hinckley. He said: “When you are united, your power is limitless." I sent this to President and he loved it. There is power in our mission right now, we are on fire. We have a # in our mission right now, #powerinPQCM. PQCM stands for Philippines Quezon City Mission. Good things are happening here right now!! Someone said yesterday "The flame of faith is strong in PQCM"

One thing President also shared with us yesterday was a quote. He talked about eagles and how their nests are really high. He said that when they have their babies the way they teach them how to fly is by just dropping them out of the nest. Then as they fall that's how they learn how to fly. Obviously, they are freaking out when they are falling. But because of that they learn how to fly. But I love the quote that President shared with us. This is it: "The thrill of soaring begins with the fear of falling." Amazing, right? And so true! He said, “remember when you first came in the mission? You all felt like you were falling and you had no idea what was going on?” I was like oh yeaaaaaaah I remember that haha. “But now you are beginning to feel the thrill of soaring.” I was like yep I feel that now! It's so true! There are things in our life that are scary! We all have fears! We fall and we struggle, but through those struggles we learn how to fly, and we gain the blessings that come from that, and the growth that comes from it.

It also reminds me of a quote that my cousins will know because it's from a movie we always used to watch. Hopefully they will remember. This is it: "Never let the fear of striking out, keep you from playing the game." I never want to regret things that I never tried, because of fear. I have fears, and I am learning how to overcome them here. It takes time, but we just need to take the first step and try.

That's all for this week! I love you all!

Take care!

Sister Hann


Pictures:

2 of the Elders in my district
I am still weird
me and my companion
and again

Sorry, this is all I have time to send this week



2 of the Elders in my district

I am still weird

Me and my companion

Me and my companion again















No comments:

Post a Comment