Pages

Monday, 22 May 2017

Hello Again - Week 57


Hey everyone!

This week was a good week.  The weekend was even better. I feel like our Saturdays and Sundays are so busy which is good!  

So, this week we had STL exchanges. That was fun.  I was with a Sister that is from Kiribati.
I want to mainly talk about one of our progressing investigators.

So, a while ago we talked to this guy that was selling street food. When we went back the next week we found his house and we taught him and his family. He is the most receptive out of his family. They came to church last week. They couldn’t yesterday because they were going to visit his family. I remember after sacrament we were walking to the gospel principles class which is upstairs. On the wall as you walk upstairs is a picture of the first vision. He was like "This is Joseph Smith" (know this, we had given him a restoration pamphlet but we hadn’t taught him the lesson yet). I was like yep that’s Joseph Smith. Then he said, you know what, I feel like Joseph Smith, I am also searching for the truth. I was like flip this guy is awesome. Then I kept walking up the stairs. As I looked back he was still looking at the picture. Then in class he was so good. He also went to Priesthood class. When he came out he was like, "the lesson was about testimony" What I noticed about him after church is that he just seemed so happy. He had a smile on his face that I had never seen before. Then Saturday night we were just walking along, we were walking straight and he just randomly comes around the corner. You should have seen our faces haha. We were like Brother Jordan! And we started running hahahaha! We had been to his house earlier and he wasn’t there. We wanted to teach his family but they were asleep. It was a miracle that we randomly saw him. After that we went with him to his house and we taught lesson 1. It was a great lesson. I really felt the spirit and I felt the gift of tongues working. The way I spoke was just smooth. And then we extended a bap date and he accepted.  So good. He has a problem with smoking and I think drinking as well but he has a desire to change so this week we will teach him the word of wisdom and we will commit him to stop.  He is awesome!!!

We have a few other investigators as well that are progressing! I will update you more on them next week.

I am really seeing miracles in my mission. Even if they are small. I see the Lord's hand in the work! So much! He really leads us to people! Sometimes we will meet someone and then afterwards I am like, Yep, Heavenly Father led us to them. So good.

That's all I can think of right now. I am always forgetting things but I can just update you about everything when I go home or something haha

Sorry, this is all for now. 

Love you all!

Sister Hann




Photos:

When I was on exchanges, this is a family I met, they just got baptised. President Koster referred them to the missionaries. The husband was changing air cons in the mission home and of course President talked to him about the church.. they are so nice!

This is the sister I did exchanges with

This is our whole zone

Our service last week. We cleaned a classroom

Me and my companion

Eating food hehe (this is our district but we are missing one set of elders)

Again, at the school

I love this picture hahaha look at my face!

Wait the last one is the wrong photo haha.. I meant this one: 






When I was on exchanges, this is a family I met, they just got baptised


This is the sister I did exchanges with


This is our whole zone


Our service last week. We cleaned a classroom


Me and my companion


Eating food hehe (this is our district but we are missing one set of elders)

Again, at the school


I love this picture hahaha look at my face!


Wait the last one is the wrong photo haha.. I meant this one














No comments:

Post a Comment