Pages

Monday, 24 April 2017

One Year - Week 53


Hey everyone!

Yeah so, I am now 1 year in my mission! That is the weirdest thing ever! I feel like it went so fast, but then I also look back on things that have happened and it seems so long ago haha. I have 6 months left and I will make the most of it.

So, we had zone conference on Tuesday. That was good. They focused a lot on temporal things like cleaning our apartments, eating healthy, budgeting. Man, I am learning everything in the mission haha. 

So, Wednesday we had STL exchanges. It was awesome because I was with Sister Balladares. We were house mates in Antipolo for 2 transfers so we are close!! We had an awesome exchange and we had lots of fun! She is crazy as well so we always have fun together!!

There were a few days this week that no one was available. It was starting to drive me a little nuts. I was like PLEASE I JUST WANT TO TEACH! Obviously, I want to teach because that is our purpose as missionaries and partly because my legs hurt so much from walking so much haha. It was okay though because yesterday we had an awesome day! We started off trying to find someone that we had talked to on the street last week. We found their house but they weren't there. When we were trying to find their house, we were asking people. We found these 2 sisters who are in their 30's and 40's. We started talking to them. Then my companion asked if she could use their toilet. So, I just sat in their house and started getting to know them. Then we ended up doing an overview of lesson 2 and we are going to go back to teach them more. Then we went and had a really good lesson with some members. Then we had another good experience. We were walking down the street and I walked past this lady. I smiled and said hi and she had a big smile and said hi as well. We kept walking and then we stopped. I looked back and she was still looking at me and I was like to my companion, nope, we need to go back and talk to her. So, we went back and just started talking to her and she was so friendly! While we were talking to her an elderly lady and a teenager came and so my companion was talking to the older lady while I was talking to this one lady and the teenager. They were all interested! My companion told me the older lady said she wanted her grandchildren to serve missions and that she was willing to have us back and listen to the lessons. The other lady was as well. As we walked away we were so happy! Heavenly Father really does put people in our path who are ready to hear the gospel! I am continuing to learn to listen to the spirit to lead me to those who are ready! 

Another thing. We have this one investigator... Anne. She was the one I said who came to church with a member and she is so receptive! The problem is the owner of the house. (She is a house help). She can't always come out so she can't always come to church and we are not allowed to teach her in her home. She is ready to be baptised for sure! And she wants to! We were like ahhhhh she is golden! But as soon as we realised that she was golden, that's when all the problems started haha. Our last lesson she wouldn't accept the baptism date because she said when she gets baptised she wants to be able to make sure she can go to church every week without the problems with her boss. Which is great! But we said that she doesn't need to delay her baptism because of that. She is going back to her province next month as well. We weren't sure how easy it would be for her to find missionaries there and get started on the lessons again and all that stuff. Anyway, when her member friend came to church and she wasn't there I was like noooooooo what are we going to do. Then the member said to us, “Anne just told me the other day that she will get baptised here... with you guys.” Flip I almost jumped for joy. We're still not sure exactly how everything is going to work. Hopefully this week we will be able to meet with her and set a date for her!! Miracles surely happen in the mission if we do our best and are obedient!

Gotta go! Love you all! Take care! :)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY EM AND JAKE FOR FRIDAY!!!! Keep being the little legends that you are!!!

Pictures:

The Sisters made this for me for my 1 year haha
While the District leader was checking our area book
We had exchanges this week hehe (don't worry, I didn't really hurt her hehe)
My district (my district leader is actually my batch from the MTC)
When we had exchanges
Last week when we had zone activity
My zone! 





The Sisters made this for me for my 1 year haha

While the District leader was checking our area book

We had exchanges this week hehe (don't worry, I didn't really hurt her hehe)

My district (my district leader is actually my batch from the MTC)

When we had exchanges

Last week when we had zone activity

My zone! 











No comments:

Post a Comment