Pages

Monday, 10 April 2017

Another Week - Week 51



Hello everyone, another week has gone.

So first up, just want to say I had an experience where a cockroach fell on my head hahahaha. I was sitting down eating something and then I felt something hit my head and then it landed on my lap and it was a cockroach. It took me a while to recover from that.

So, we had this cool experience. We went to a part of our area that is really far. We were looking for 4 people. 3 investigators and 1 less-active member. So, we were just walking asking people and no one knew who they were. As we continued to walk there was this one lady and she was just like HI!! She started talking to us and we asked her if she knew one of the people and she was like oh yeah I know them, they live right here. Then we asked about another person and she knew him as well. AND she knew the less-active member we were talking about. She knew 3 out of the 4 people we were looking for. She first took us to one of them, we weren't able to teach her because she wasn't well, but we prayed with her. Then she introduced us to another investigator. And so, we talked to him. As we were about to continue on we just heard a "hey sisters" ... turns out it was the less-active member. Me and my companion just looked at each other and almost started laughing. All of them were in one spot!!! It was an awesome experience :)

So, last week I shared about the investigator that said to me he didn't believe in Joseph Smith. He was the one with the lightbulb moment. Well we taught him again this week. We showed him the video of the restoration. He liked it! He gained a respect for Joseph Smith and he wants to know more about him. He wants to know about the struggles that he went through. We are going to try and find another video that we can share with him. He also had questions about The Fall. He said, “I can't understand while the Fall of Adam and Eve was a blessing.” We had a member present and she explained a lot to him but I am not sure if he was satisfied. Me and my companion were praying that we would receive revelation about our investigators during conference. Then Elder Costa shared about Alma 42. Me and my companion opened to it and we were like whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?! This will help him understand more about it!! I was just smiling and it increased my testimony about receiving revelation.

We have this other investigator, Sister Anne. She is 50. 3 weeks ago, she came to church with a member friend and she is SO progressing!! She is so receptive! She says that she will join the church! Before that we extended a baptism date for April 22. The problem is she works for someone in their home. I think she is a house help. Anyway, they have problems with the owner... it's hard to explain. Anyway, she said she doesn't want to get baptised and then not go to church. She said that maybe sometimes she won't be able to come because of the owner.' And then next month she is going back to her province.  Ahhh... we will see what happens this week. 

So earlier we played basketball again. I almost forgot for a second that I was a missionary because I almost hip and shouldered one of the Elders hahahaha I forgot I wasn't playing with my brothers. But it was fun :) I miss playing with those in my last area though. We had such a good zone. I am homesick for them hahaha nah just joking. I like my zone here as well actually :) I've been lucky to be with great missionaries in all my areas!!

That's all for now. I loved conference! I have so many notes but they are at home so I can't write anything haha. 

I just saw this one quote on someone's t-shirt this week that I thought was cool: "luck is where preparation meets opportunity." 

Love you all!

Keep safe! 


Sister Hann 


Pictures:
One of the members brought their skateboard this morning
In an elevator (my district)
We saw this hahaha
and this hahaha
My companion
Basketball last week






One of the members brought their skateboard this morning


In an elevator (my district)


We saw this hahaha


and this hahaha


My companion


Basketball last week
















No comments:

Post a Comment