Pages

Monday, 23 January 2017

Nine Months! Hump Daaaaay! - Week 40



Hello!!!!!

So yesterday was my hump day haha. I am 9 months in the mission now! Which means 9 months left. Crazzzzzzzzzzzyyyy! I cannot believe it! Time flies! I did a little sentimental reflection in my journal hahahah. I looked back on how far I have come :) I have learnt SO much in these 9 months! I have changed and I have become better :) But I still have a long way to go hahaha. At least I am able to see my MANY weaknesses here and work on them :)

I want to share with you verses from the Bible.

John 15:18-20:

If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you.
19 If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.
20 Remember the word that I said unto you, the servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also.

I love these verses. This is the Saviour talking to his disciples. I was thinking about how it applies to us as members of the church. Sometimes people will look at us and say "these Mormons are the weirdest people ever" or they will say bad things about us. I often think about how we might seem weird to other people or how they really might not like us. But think about it... the Saviour was hated and He is the Son of God. So why would we be loved by the world? We are not of the world. Our standards don't change to fit the standards of the world. They stay the same because God and His standards and his commandments NEVER change. So, if we are hated or people look at us weirdly then we shouldn't be surprised. We are not of the world. It reminds me of the saying "Be in the world but not of the world." We must live in this world, but we should not change our standards just to fit in with the people of the world. If they persecute us, that's okay, because it is not their opinion that matters. It is only Heavenly Father’s. 

So, I love the children here in the Philippines! There are so many of them here! And they always play in the streets so I always talk to them hehe. I really enjoy it hahaha. They always tell me how white I am and I always say "alam ko" which means I know haha. Then I always explain where I am from and we always joke around. It's fun :) Sometimes it's a good way of finding people to teach because I get them to take me to their parents haha. It doesn't always work but it has previously! Sometimes after we finish talking they start following me. So sometimes I will have like 10 children following me hahaah and walking with me. Sometimes it attracts the attention of others. The other week a bunch of children were chasing me down the street. I stopped where there was a lady standing. She starting talking to us and then let us in her house... SCORE ;) hehehe! The children are the key hahaha. 

So, the couple missionaries check our apartment. If we get a perfect score we get to have what is called a 'Celestial P'day.' Which means we get to go have our p-day at the mission home with President and Sister Koster. We got a perfect score!!! :D So we will have pizza and play games and stuff :D They also have a basketball court outside so I am going to play basketball YAAAAAAY :D hahaha! I am excited! That will be next week so I will email from the mission home next week :) 

We also had an interview with President. He came to our apartment. The first thing he said was... I have 2 questions for you. First, "are you obedient?" Hahaha it was out of nowhere and it was like he was looking into my soul. I said, “yes.” Then he said, “I know, I know I don't have to worry about you.” Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan I was sweating. hahahahaha just joking. I am always doing my best to be obedient :) 

Anyway... I hope everyone is well. My time has run out. LOVE YOU ALL! Hope you have a great week! 


Love,


Sister Hann





No comments:

Post a Comment