Pages

Monday, 9 January 2017

Hello - Week 38



Hey everyone,

Yeah so, this week has been an interesting one. I am facing challenges here but it means I am learning SO much!

So, let’s just say me and my companion are different haha. It is hard for us to understand each other, especially because of the culture barrier.. She honestly is a great person. I just want to explain how much I am learning. It is teaching me patience, charity and humility. I have seen the weaknesses that I have... this situation has really brought that out. But I know that Heavenly Father has given me this challenge so that I can improve myself. It is helping me develop more Christ-like attributes. I think I would only truly improve myself if I was put in a situation like this. I have noticed here in the mission that each transfer I always have different challenges. Every challenge prepares me for the next challenge I will have in the next transfer. I am so grateful for the challenges I have... At the time, I feel like I want to just go somewhere else, eat lollies and watch Harry Potter, but of course I can't do that, so I have to act and change myself to become better and to deal with the situation. A mission is crazy haha. 

I had STL exchanges this week as well. I worked with an American Sister. She is awesome :) We had an awesome day. It was interesting she taught me a lot and I am very grateful for the day we had. She also said that my Tagalog is really good. I said "THANK YOU, I've been waiting so long to hear that." Haha. She also told me that my testimony is strong, and that when I teach, people really listen. I am grateful that she was able to tell me these things because sometimes I have trouble seeing the positives.. not because I am not trying to be positive, but sometimes I am focusing so hard on trying to improve myself, that I don't sit back and look at how far I have come or see those good attributes I do have :)

This experience has reminded me of my favourite scripture, (well one of my favourite, I now have many)
Ether 12:27
“And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them.”

There's not much more to tell you about this week.
These are the main things that happened :) 
I hope you are all doing well!

Pictures:
1. In our area with some random kids
2. The view in one of our areas
3. A random kid we were talking to (how great is the view!)
4. Selfie haha
5. The view again 

Love you all!!

Sister Hann



In our area with some random kids


The view in one of our areas

A random kid we were talking to (how great is the view)


Selfie (haha)



The view again






No comments:

Post a Comment