Pages

Monday, 5 December 2016

G'day Friends and Fam - Week 33


Hey everyone!

So, this week was good :) I had STL exchanges on Thursday and we really had an enjoyable day. It was nice to work with a Filipino again haha. We talked to this one lady and got her information and said we would go on Saturday to teach her. The hard thing here in the Philippines is sometimes they really don't have a number for their house. So, I was like okay this will be interesting to try and find her. We went on Saturday morning and on the way while we were walking I started talking to a few kids. I asked them if they knew this lady and they said yes so, they took me straight to her. I was so thankful because sometimes it is so hard to find people’s houses! The kids are great here! I love talking to them! We went in and taught the lady and 3 of her friends too! And they were about 10 children there listening! It was great. 

So, in another story. there is this lady that is hiding from us hahahaha. We taught her once and I thought it went really well! But we keep going back and a few times my companion has seen her but she doesn't come out to greet us. Then the other day we saw her sister, we were standing at the front of their house waiting to see if she would answer. Her sister saw us, and kept walking past pretending she didn't see us. I was like let’s go talk to her so we went to follow her and then she did this big loop and walked back to the house. I was like ARE YOU SERIOUS MATE hahahaha. It was so obvious she was avoiding us. I had to laugh or else I would have just been disappointed. 

So, I've been reading from Matthew this week. I am really enjoying it because it is about the Saviour's life and teachings. Especially as it is so close to Christmas, it is great to learn more about His life. I haven't studied this since seminary so it is great and I encourage you to read it :) One of my favourite verses is Matthew 19:26 -  "But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, with men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible."

Oh btw, one child we are teaching had my camera and deleted all my pictures. Lucky, it is a new SD card but it still had pictures on from about a month ago, I was so mad haha. But we will try later and see if we can recover them, but I don't know if we can!  

So, it hasn't been long since I last sent the other email so I don't have much to update you on. Hope you are all well. Keep emailing! Even if I don't reply, I always read :) 

Helaman 5:12 - "And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down
to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall."

Love you all,

Sister Hann



No comments:

Post a Comment