Pages

Monday, 7 November 2016

G'day My Fellow Aussies - Week 29

Hello everyone :)

So not a lot has happened this week I must say. I did have STL exchanges with a Sister from Samoa. She is great :) We had a really good day!

I want to share part of a talk I have been reading this week. I also want you all to read it.

It is called the fourth missionary by Lawrence E. Corbridge. I am going to copy and paste a few parts of it. But look it up on google. It can apply to all our lives.

The purpose and central blessing of life is change. It is to be changed to become more like Jesus Christ. It is to incorporate into your character, the qualities of His character. It is to move from one degree of intelligence and capacity to the next, and from there to the next, until you see God face to face and know Him as He knows you.
(Holding up the scriptures)...none of this makes much difference unless it gets inside of you. All of this is only marks on pieces of paper bound together in leather; it has no intrinsic value, unless it becomes you. The purpose and essential blessing of life is to be changed to become more like the Lord, to realise the full measure of your divine potential.

This first part is talking about change, and to change to become more like the Saviour. The next is about the scriptures... How the scriptures won't make a difference to us unless they become us.

I love this part...

Paraphrasing C.S. Lewis the Lord says to us: "Give me all. I don't want so much of your time, so much of your talents and money, and so much of your work: I want You. All of you. I have not come to torment or frustrate the natural man. but to kill it. No half-measures will do. I don't want to only prune a branch here and another there; rather, I want the whole tree out. Hand it all over to me, the whole outfit, all of your desires, all of your wants and wishes and dreams. Turn them all over to me, give yourself to me and I will make of you a new self in my image. Give me yourself and in exchange I will give you Myself. My will, shall become your will. My heart, shall become your heart." (Mere Christianity, C.S. Lewis, p. 167)

This is something I am trying to apply in my life here in the mission. To give everything to Heavenly Father here so that He can change me. President Revillo, one thing he said to us before he left was that we can never go back to the being the people we were before our mission. It doesn't mean we were bad people... but the mission NEEDS to change us.

I also love this:

In the end, your heart and your will is all that you have to give that the Lord does not already have. If you give your time, two years, and your strength, you give only that which He grants to you with each beat of your heart and each breath that you draw. If you dedicate your gifts


and talents, you only return to Him what He already has given to you. If you pay tithing, you only return to Him a tenth of what he has already given to you. Everything that you have to

give to the Lord, has its origin in Him, except one thing: your will. He does not have your heart, nor your mind, unless you give them to Him. It is the only gift you have to offer that He does not already have. And so when you give yourself, you truly give everything to Him.

I absolutely love this. Heavenly Father has given us the gift of agency. So, He doesn't have our heart or our mind. That is the one gift that we can give to Him. Amazing huh?

Lastly I just want to share:

Just give it up. Surrender your will to Him. Unconditionally. Withhold nothing. Turn it all over to Him; all your desires, wishes, dreams and hopes. Be true and faithful in your head and in your heart, not just in your behaviour. Trust in Him. Trust Him who knows all things. Trust Him who has all power. Trust Him whose love for you is perfect. Trust Him, who alone suffered, paid and atoned for your sins, and for your weaknesses as well. Trust Him that He will make of you, immeasurably more, than what you will ever, ever, in all eternity, make of yourself. He will create of you a masterpiece. You will create of you only a smudge. You will create an ordinary man. He will create a God.

Amazing also. Here in the mission I obviously have to give up all the desires of my heart and serve God. In normal life though.. we need to give up the "natural man,” the worldy things that influence us in a bad way. Without God, we can only create a small portion of who we could become. So why not trust Him and let him lead and guide us. Ahh the talk is so amazing. Please read it :)

One thing I have stuck on my wall next to my bed is "Kill the natural man in you."

The natural man: "A person who chooses to be influenced by the passions, desires, appetites, and senses of the flesh rather than by the promptings of the Holy Spirit. Such a person can comprehend physical things but not spiritual things. All people are carnal, or mortal, because of the fall of Adam and Eve. Each person must be born again through the atonement of Jesus Christ to cease being a natural man."

I love you all. Next week I'll email on Tuesday, just before transfer day and update you some more. I just wanted to focus on this talk this week because my week hasn't been interesting and I really love the talk haha.

Later we are going to have a zone activity. We will be bowling.

So, the photos are of my district (without the zone leaders, they had a meeting), some children from a member family, from our district activity a few weeks back, my favourite family! The 3 older children are recent converts, we are teaching their mother now.. she has a desire but she is living with her partner and they are not married.. but I LOVE them so much!

Whenever I see the kids they run up and hug me! The next is when I saw my Nanay again at the office. Also, another cute kid. I will send more next week.

Love you all and take care always! I'll email on Tuesday next week, because transfer day is the day after. Who will be my next companion? Dun dun DUN!


Sister Hann



My District (without the Zone Leaders)

My companion and I with some children from a member family


From our district activity a few weeks back


A family we have been teaching.
The 3 older children are recent converts and now we are teaching their mum.
I love them so much

Catching up with my Nanay at the mission office


Another cute kid







No comments:

Post a Comment