Pages

Monday, 31 October 2016

G'Day Mates - Week 28


G'day mates!!

So, this week has been a slow week. Wednesday we went back to the office so my companion could do this language test. My Nanay was there!!!  She was in charge of it (She is the STL in that area and in the office). It was so awesome to see her again and spend some time with her! It was also nice to see other missionaries from my last zone! A few of them were there as well :) So one of the AP's is from Australia. He lives in Brisbane. Anyway, he is in the office a lot obviously. I have been there a lot recently because of my companion so we have been able to talk about Australia. It is nice to be able to talk to an Aussie. It was funny cause at one stage another Aussie walked in and the AP was like "hey look it's another mate" hahaha. The Filipinos love saying "hey mate" to us as well. He was also like to me... wait there. Then he went to the fridge and he pulls out... WEET BIX!!!! I was like WHAAAAT THEEEE!?!?! I forgot that existed?! He was like.. awesome right? I was like yesssssssss feels like home, (even though I don't really like weet bix haha). I might seem weird but it is nice when you see something from home haha. 

We had a baptism this week!!  It was great!! I cannot begin to explain the great feeling I have every time someone is baptised! It is an amazing experience! The problem is now we have no progressing investigators hahahahahah ahhhhhh. Missionary work is tiring. Sometimes you have people to teach, other times no one loves you. 

You know what.. I really don't have much to say this week sadly. 

Oh wait I had a great experience! 

So, there is this one family who have been members for about 3 years. The husband isn't always coming to church. Anyway, I had noticed that the mother seemed sad a lot... but every time we share I can't quite figure out what she is struggling with. A lot of the time when we share there are sooooo many children around and it is so hard to listen and have the spirit there. This one time though they were all asleep! (miracle). I had no idea what we were going to share with her, even up until it was my turn to start the lesson. As my companion was doing the follow up and asking how she was doing I just prayed, Heavenly Father please help me to know what to say, I have no idea what to share because I don't know what she needs. Even when it was my turn to speak there was silence. Then I just asked a question and then the lesson flowed. I shared Alma 7:11-12 with her. She even highlighted it through the lesson hehe. I am still not 100% sure of her trial and concern, but I was able to help her understand that the Saviour knows her struggles and He is the one that can truly help her. So even though I couldn't say to her... "Here is the solution to your problem", I  was able to give her the "tool" to help her through her problem. It also increased my testimony that we will be given by the spirit, in the very hour, what we need to say (I forgot where that scripture is found). 

Anyway, that is all for this week sorry. I am trying to upload pictures but the camera won't connect. SORRY :(
Ps. sorry if my English grammar is weird. Sometimes I find I am speaking Filipino English haha.

Anyway I just want to leave you with one scripture:
Jacob 6:12

Mahal na Mahal ko kayo!

Sister Hann







No comments:

Post a Comment