Pages

Tuesday, 13 September 2016

Helloooooo - Week 21

Hi everyone!

We had a good week this week :) We had a baptism!! His name is Michael De Mesa. He is 38 years old and his wife is a member. He has been investigating the church for 6 years! It was amazing to see how ready he was to be baptised! I could see his desire and also the happiness he had as we taught those last few lessons to him. He has a great understanding of the gospel and ugh he is just awesome. His wife was just so happy afterwards also. We had a family home evening at their house last night to 'celebrate', it was lots of fun :) 

We also had STL exchanges again this week on Wednesday. I was with a Filipino sister. Her name is Sister Mainit. Mainit in tagalog means hot hahahaha so she gets many jokes. She is so nice and so funny, we had a great time. It was her first time as an STL and her first exchange. So I told her to make sure she wrote about me in her journal hahaha. 

Our assistant ward mission leader just got his mission call (he's in these photos, the one who took the selfie). He was called to Philippines Cebu mission. He opened his call last night. He called us once we had finished an appointment and told us. We freaked out and were like wooooo and then people on the street were looking at us like what the heck hahahahaha. It was so exciting though. It is nice to be able to experience people getting their mission calls here too. I was hoping he would have been called to Australia but nopppppppppeeeeee. 

In one of our areas there are streets that are named after places in America. There is Idaho and LA hahaha I attached photos. We were so excited: P 

Our area is still.... big haha. It is hard because some members are like "when are you going to visit?" And we are like welllllllll it is hard because we have a big area and it is hard to balance it all. Sometimes I feel bad because we can't visit some people as much as we used to. I just hope we aren't neglecting them. Ugh, we will continue to work on it.

The language is still hard of course but I see improvements every week. I just have to push through. Man I am learning patience here, seriously!!! and it is taking me SO FAR out of my comfort zone! Maybe that's one reason why I was called here.

I just want to let you all know that Heavenly Father has a plan for everything, and we have trials for a purpose. At the time we may not understand why we are experiencing it, but afterwards we can see how we grew and see how it affected us. I can already see the changes in myself here. And these changes have only happened as I have been through struggles. I am just grateful that despite struggles, we have the help of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Honestly without that I don't know where I would be and what I would do when I went through struggles. 

I love you all and I hope your week has been a good one.

Love,


Sister Hann 

A Jeepney - this is what we use for transportation


In one of our areas there are streets named after places in America



Another street named after a place in America

Baptism of Michael De Mesa. Also my new companion Sister Leasoon


Another photo of Michael's Baptism

This is our assistant ward mission leader



Family Home Evening at Michael's






No comments:

Post a Comment