Pages

Monday, 25 July 2016

G'day Mate - Week 14

Hello all,

This will probably be a quick one. Not a lot to update you all on since last week. 

One thing though, WE GOT SOAKED AGAIN!!!! Hahahaha it was hilarious. Literally a few minutes before we left the apartment it started raining. It wasn't that heavy. Then as we left it started POURING!! We were like are you serious mate?!?! (trying to keep my aussieness). We had to go under shelter and wait for a bit because it was so heavy!!! And if floods so quickly here! This time my whole ankles were covered by the water when I was walking in it... Even up my calf a bit. So funny. I thought we were going to get sick but we're fine! I've really been blessed because I haven't been sick yet!! (Let's hope I don't talk to soon aye)!

We have 3 baptismal dates set for August. And they are really progressing! I honestly hope it all goes to plan, but I am not getting my hopes up hahahaha. 

The work has been a bit slow this week. There's been problems with our kabahays that we've had to work through. I am not going to go into detail. I hope it's okay for me to say this much. But yeah Friday we had a trainer/trainee meeting. We got home at around 2 something and had to do our weekly planning (That can take up to 3 hours). It was like 5pm, and then stuff happened and we had to sort it out so we didn't even work that day :/ Not good, but the leaders know why. 

So yeah not much to say because it's been a slow week. 

But I am honestly just so grateful for the gospel in my life. There are struggles here in the mission but because of the Atonement I know that there is someone who understands my struggles and has felt them. That is the Saviour. I will forever be grateful for His sacrifice. He really is the only one that can help me through them. And I love that despite the struggles I can still be happy and still see the good in the day. It just depends on our attitude!!! 

I love this scripture:

Alma 7:11-12 (and also 13)

11: And he shall go forth, suffering pains and afflictions and temptations of every kind; and this that the word might be fulfilled which saith he will take upon him the pains and the sicknesses of his people.
12: And he will take upon him death, that he may loose the bands of death which bind his people; and he will take upon him their infirmities, that his bowels may be filled with mercy, according to the flesh, that he may know according to the flesh how to succor his people according to their infirmities. 

So he knows EXACTLY how we feel because HE FELT IT ALSO! And because of that He knows how to help us! How great is the Atonement!

I love you all, I really do, you are always in my prayers. Keep safe

Ingat palagi! (take care always)

Sister Hann xx







No comments:

Post a Comment