Pages

Thursday, 26 May 2016

Last P-Day in the MTC - Week 5

Hi all!!

I leave for the field next Wednesday! So this is the last time I will be emailing from the MTC! 

This will be a quick email because I have a temple session soon. Hopefully I can come back and email a bit later but I have to see President about issues with my district (fun fun fun) :P I am all good though so don't stress!

This has been a good week! We had to go get our visas extended and so our guro (teacher) told us to try and talk to people there. So Sister Tango (the other Sister Training Leader) talked to some people. To one lady Sister Tango said hi and we introduced ourselves. I said we were here because we were missionaries and I asked if she had heard of our church. She said she had and that she knew someone who was Mormon. Sadly we had to leave then! But it was great! It seems so simple but it took some guts to talk to a random hahahaha seeing as we don't do that in the MTC. So I am pumped for getting out into the field! 

I just need to learn Tagalog better :P That will come along though. 

Oh I also have another companion! (So there is 3 of us) Sister Balasubramaniyum (long I know), came from Sri Lanka. She had already been here but went home. So she's back! She is funny :) 

Hopefully I can send some photos later. I am sorry if I can't.

I love you all! I just want to share a quick scripture with you. 

It is found in 3 Nephi 5:13:

"Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life."

That is me!!! And it is crazy to think that that is me. I literally have been called of him to declare his word. The weight of that is on my shoulders a bit, however I am going to do my best to serve him with all my heart, might, mind and strength. I only have 18 months to do this. I just have to talk to everyone. Open my mouth and teach His children. They will feel of the truth sa pamamagitan ng Espiritu Santo (through the Holy Ghost). I love being a missionary! And it hasn't even properly started yet! 

Anyway, I have to go for now. Hopefully, I'll be able to come back later.

Love you all! If I can't email I'll email when I am out in the field. Don't worry about me! I am doing well and I'll be looked after as I go to the field ( I don't have to travel far) Btw if this doesn't make sense I haven't proof read it.

Sister Hann xx



These are the missionaries in the MTC with me for the last 3 weeks. Those who are not learning the language only stay in the MTC for 3 weeks. If you need to learn the language then you stay for 6 weeks. This is the reason I had 2 groups of missionaries during my 6 weeks in the MTC.


I bought this as a memento of my mission. A lady here makes them.

This is my district with a lady who was visiting from New Zealand.

Outside the Manila Temple

This is one of the Filipino districts whose district room is next door to ours. We just went in there one time and took this photo. They are all hilarious. We renamed them the 'funny district'.

Cafeteria with Sister Berry. She is from Melbourne and is cousins with Shelton. She's awesome!

This is of two of the Elders in my district. They are funny as. Elder Udersike (the one being carried) Is going to my mission as well.






No comments:

Post a Comment